DNA extraction is a routine procedure used to isolate DNA from the nucleus of cells. DNA is extracted from human cells for a variety of reasons. With a pure sample of DNA you can test a new-born for a genetic disease, analyze forensic evidence, or study a gene involved in cancer.
|Target students||Open to Form 1 to Form 6 students (aged between 13 to 18 years old)|
|Date||22 March 2018|
|Time||9 am – 3 pm|
|Venue||Plantzania Learning Center, Revongen Corporation Center,
No. 12A, Jalan TP5, Taman Perindustrian UEP, 47600 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
|Registration Fees||RM 120 / member (lunch and certification of participation included)|
- How to use pipette (30-45mins)
- DNA Lecture (30mins)
- Blood DNA Extraction (60-90mins)
- PCR (30mins)
- Gel electrophoresis (30mins)
- PCR Lecture (30-45mins)
- Analysis of gel results (30mins)
- Q&A session and little quiz session (15 mins)
- To develop understanding of DNA by modelling the process of DNA extraction.
- To understand PCR and how to do PCR.
- To understand Gel electrophoresis and how to analysis result using molecular biology way.
- To acquire professional skill of using micropipette.
This workshop provides a good exposure to students about biotechnology related field and will help them in better career path. A certificate of participation will be given.