The significance of plants to our economy leads to growing development of biotechnology to provide new methods of plant improvement.
Plant tissue culture integrates almost all the various aspects of plant physiology. The responses of plants in tissue culture vary as you alter the nutrients, plant growth regulators, photo-period, temperature and even the type of tissue used for the cultures.
|Target students||Open to Form 1 to Form 6 students (aged between 13 to 18 years old)|
|Date||19 March 2018|
|Time||9 am – 2 pm|
|Venue||Plantzania Learning Center, Revongen Corporation Center,
No. 12A, Jalan TP5, Taman Perindustrian UEP, 47600 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
|Registration Fees||RM 120 / member (lunch and certification of participation included)|
- Lecture–Theory of Plant Tissue Culture: 40 minutes
- Demonstration on medium preparation, 1L MS medium: 40 minutes
- Demonstration on explants sterilization using carrot root: 45 minutes
- Student hands on of sub culturing method using Bacopa shoots and nodal segments: 60 minutes
- Student hands on of transferring tissue culture seedling to pot in nursery: 60 minutes
- Interactive Session–Q & A: 15 minutes
- Students learn some tissue culture techniques: culture media, dissecting tools and sample explants for horticulture.
- Students learn how their class lectures relate to some of the most important processes in plants: growth and development.
- Students can acquire important laboratory skills.
- Plant tissue culture is an employable skill and it is worth mentioning on any resume.