Fruit DNA Extraction
Fruit DNA Extraction Kit
As you may know, DNA is present in every cell of all plants and animals and determines all genetic traits of the individual organism.
With the Fruit DNA experiment, you’ll extract, isolate, and observe the DNA of a fruit in a matter of minutes.
What Does It Teach?
- To explain DNA to kids using a hands-on activity.
- To develop understanding of DNA by modeling the process of DNA extraction.
- Kids need to learn about DNA in order to understand why there are “similarities and differences between parents and offspring, hereditary diseases, and the evolution of new species.”
- 5 x Zipper-lock bag
- 5 x Falcon Tube
- 5 x Filter Media
- 5 x Wooden Stir Stick
- 1 x Dish Soap
- 1 x Salt
- 1 x Isopropyl alcohol (Adult supervision is required. Isopropyl alcohol is flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame. Avoid prolonged exposure. Wear eye protection when handling isopropyl alcohol. Wash hands thoroughly using soap and water after handling. Dispose of isopropyl alcohol in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.)
- Experiment guide with step-by-step instructions and easy to understand science explanations